[复制链接]

精华

帖子

积分

candidate

跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2006-12-20 23:05 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

在《老虎》一诗中,布莱克着力于把两种动物进行比较:老虎的凶猛,活力和侵略性;羔羊的温顺,脆弱和无辜。如在《老虎》中一样,布莱克如法炮制,在第一节又再次把问题直接指向这种动物本身。但这次的问题显然比《老虎》中的更容易让读者猜到答案,而诗人在随后的第二节中也直接道明了。羔羊栖息在溪水边,躺卧在青草地上,这是一幅多么美妙的图景啊,它暗指着上帝在创造中所体现的慈爱。人们可以从《圣经·诗篇》23章(“上帝是我的牧者,我别无所求”)和耶稣的身上看到相似的情景。

在第二节里,布莱克又将焦点集中在了羔羊身上,并提醒我们——那创造羔羊的上帝自身,就如同一只羔羊一般。除了道成肉身之外,如人们所知,耶稣也是上帝的羔羊:逾越节中,羔羊在耶路撒冷的圣殿里被屠宰,而耶稣基督也在此时被钉上十字架。这意味着,守逾越节的民众罪得以被洁净。因此,根据基督徒的信仰,耶稣基督乃是为所有人的罪钉死在十字架上,所以他也被称为“上帝的羔羊”。

虽然这大概只是一种关于温良和自我牺牲精神的想象,但在《圣经》的最后一卷书《启示录》中,耶稣却以一只满有神圣大能的羔羊形象出现并击败了敌基督,拯救了人类。布莱克似乎欲要在诗中谈论上帝所彰显的慈爱——这慈爱体现在他对羊羔和孩子的关爱,以及一个明显的矛盾:正如耶稣基督自身那样,上帝既道成肉身(成为一个婴儿),同时也是一只羊羔。

《老虎》和《羊羔》相得益彰,布莱克在这两首诗中试验了可以说几乎不同的,甚至是相反的,矛盾的有关自然界并其中的生灵,以及它们的创造者的概念。

附一原文:

In The Tyger Blake points to the contrast between these two animals: the tiger is fierce, active, predatory, while The Lamb is meek, vulnerable and harmless. In the first stanza Blake, as in The Tyger, asks questions, and these are again directed to the animal, although the reader has less difficulty guessing the answer, which the poet in any case gives in the second stanza. The picture of The Lamb's feeding "by the stream and o'er the mead" (=meadow) is a beautiful one, which suggests God's kindness in creation, and has an echo of similar descriptions in the Old Testament book of Psalms (especially Psalm 23, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want") and the parables of Jesus.

In the second stanza, Blake reminds The Lamb, and us, that the God who made The Lamb, also is like The Lamb. As well as becoming a child (like the speaker of the poem) Jesus became known as The Lamb of God: Jesus was crucified during the Feast of the Passover (celebrating the Jews' escape from Egypt) when lambs were slaughtered in the temple at Jerusalem. This was believed to take away the sins of the people who took part in the feast. So when Jesus was killed, for the sins of all people, according to the Christian faith, He came to be called The Lamb of God. Although this is an image mainly of meekness and self-sacrifice, in the last book of the Bible (Revelation) Jesus appears as a Lamb with divine powers, who defeats the Anti-Christ and saves mankind. Blake's poem seems to be mainly about God's love shown in his care for The Lamb and the child and about the apparent paradox, that God became both child and Lamb in coming, as Jesus, into the world.

The Tyger and The Lamb go well together, because in them, Blake examines different, almost opposite or contradictory, ideas about the natural world, its creatures and their Creator.

附二,两首诗的中译

羔羊

小羊羔谁创造了你
你可知道谁创造了你
给你生命,哺育着你
在溪流旁,在青草地;
给你穿上好看的衣裳,
最软的衣裳毛茸茸多漂亮;
给你这样温柔的声音,
让所有的山谷都开心;
小羔羊谁创造了你
你可知道谁创造了你;

小羔羊我要告诉你,
小羔羊我要告诉你;
他的名字跟你的一样,
他也称他自己是羔羊;
他又温顺又和蔼,
他变成了一个小小孩,
我是个小孩你是羔羊
咱俩的名字跟他一样。
小羔羊上帝保佑你。
小羔羊上帝保佑你。

(杨苡译)

老虎
老虎!老虎!黑夜的森林中
燃烧着的煌煌的火光,
是怎样的神手或天眼
造出了你这样的威武堂堂?

你炯炯的两眼中的火
燃烧在多远的天空或深渊?
他乘着怎样的翅膀搏击?
用怎样的手夺来火焰?

又是怎样的膂力,怎样的技巧,
把你的心脏的筋肉捏成?
当你的心脏开始搏动时,
使用怎样猛的手腕和脚胫?

是怎样的槌?怎样的链子?
在怎样的熔炉中炼成你的脑筋?
是怎样的铁砧?怎样的铁臂
敢于捉着这可怖的凶神?

群星投下了他们的投枪。
用它们的眼泪润湿了穹苍,
他是否微笑着欣赏他的作品?
他创造了你,也创造了羔羊?

老虎!老虎!黑夜的森林中
燃烧着的煌煌的火光,
是怎样的神手或天眼
造出了你这样的威武堂堂?

(郭沫若译)
[注:中译皆转自灵石岛]
http://blog.poemlife.com/user1/Bethesda/index.html

精华

帖子

积分

habitant

2#
发表于 2006-12-22 03:19 | 只看该作者
hmmm,william blake is my favorite romanticism poet.i should've developed some comparative study of the lamb and the tyger,shame that i just dwelled upon a little bit of that argument.

one more thing,i RELLY think the translated version of the lamb sucks!!!
rimbaud in love
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

精华

帖子

积分

knight

3#
发表于 2007-1-23 09:45 | 只看该作者
love Blake 's mystery poems in Songs of Experience!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

精华

帖子

积分

habitant

4#
发表于 2010-2-10 19:54 | 只看该作者
love so much    好好学习中
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

移动版|Archiver|芦笛

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 06:42