芦笛外国文学论坛

标题: 结婚礼物--婚姻(第三)和爱(第二) [打印本页]

作者: 舞者    时间: 2006-1-28 13:26
标题: 结婚礼物--婚姻(第三)和爱(第二)
这是一个结婚礼物。

知你将结连理,心有感动。婚姻,在小我的眼中,是一个十分神圣且庄严的选择。因人性枝枝蔓蔓的繁复,这个选择非常之困难--恐怕是天下最难的事。

纵观天下,多数人选择婚姻,出于无知,误解或美丽的错误(虽然原因错了,还是有一些婚姻成为一种美丽)--很多人结着婚,但是暮气沉沉的婚姻。婚姻不是为了个体小我的舒适和方便,不是为了成立经济共同体,不是为了传宗接代,更不是因为父母社会说该结婚。婚姻是彼此服务并共同成长的炼丹炉--且其目的,小我怀疑,并非幸福而是成长--通过对生活/生命的爱,夫妻(或趴当)爱着彼此。

如果双方不是十分相爱,愿意虽有枪林弹雨高高低低贫贱富贵健康病弱欢笑眼泪,不吝赴汤蹈火排除万难地和所爱共度下半生,在小我眼里,是没有理由也没有必要结婚的。

小我曾在大庭广众之下坦白:我没有无条件爱人的慈悲,也没有无条件接受的胸襟,更没有无条件奉献的美德,拿什么去结婚。小我的赤子之心中,认为非有大智大慧大勇气者,加之以情爱和大爱,不足以作这个庄严的承诺。

故两个人选择要一起过下半生,不仅有英雄般的勇气,更是美丽无比。为你们,热烈鼓掌并深深祝福。

不自量力地译了纪伯伦“先知”中的婚姻(ch3),想要献给你们,做结婚礼物。并非可操完美英文的你们需要小我的翻译,小我的一点心意而已,我衷心的祝福一点一滴地渗在深夜缗思的努力中。

婚姻是先知所讲的第二个话题,随“爱”之后。过程中,考虑讲婚姻而不讲爱,似空中搭建楼阁。于是也译了“爱”附后,属买一送一性质。比较执著于信,雅达可能不尽如人意--重在心念,笑纳并指正。

On Marriage 婚姻

Then Almitra spoke again and said, "And what of Marriage, master?"
爱尔美差又开口,说,大师,那婚姻呢?

And he answered saying:
于是他答曰:

You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
你们天生在一起,且将一起到永远。

You shall be together when white wings of death scatter your days.
到死亡白色的翅膀散尽你们的岁月时,你们将在一起。

Aye, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
是,在静默念着造化中,你们还将在一起。

But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
然让那一起中留有空间。

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
并让天风在你们间飞舞。

Love one another but make not a bond of love:
爱彼此,但不让爱成为枷锁:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
而是让她为彼此灵魂之岸间涌动的海洋。

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
斟满彼此的杯,但别饮自同一杯。

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf.
给予彼此面包,却不取食于同一块。

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
一同载歌载舞且欢悦,然让彼此独立,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
如同一把琴上的弦颤动于同一音乐,但彼此独立。

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
献出彼此的心,却不是为了占有。

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
因只有生命之手方能保有你们的心。

And stand together, yet not too near together:
一起立着,但不太近:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
因神殿的柱子各自顶立,

And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.
橡树和松柏都不生长于彼此的树荫。

On Love 爱(ch2)

Then said Almitra, "Speak to us of Love."
于是爱尔美差说:请为我们说爱。

And he raised his head and looked upon the people, and there fell a stillness upon them. And with a great voice he said:
他举头望着大家,他们静下来。他以宏大的声音说:

When love beckons to you follow him,
当爱召唤你追随,

Though his ways are hard and steep.
即便她的路途艰难陡峭。

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
当她的翅膀环抱你,服从她,

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
即便她羽翼间所藏剑刃或会伤你。

And when he speaks to you believe in him,
当她对你开言,信从她,

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.
即便她的声音或会震碎你的梦幻,如北风吹荒庭园。

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
因一如爱为你戴上桂冠,她也必钉你于十字架。

Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
一如她促你成长,她也必修剪你。

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
一如她引你升至巅峰,轻抚你在阳光中颤动的柔软枝条,

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.
她必降至你的根蒂,撼动它们对土壤的执著。

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
她收获你,如同穗穗玉米。

He threshes you to make you naked.
她捶打使你赤裸。

He sifts you to free you from your husks.
她筛选使你脱去芜壳。

He grinds you to whiteness.
她舂碾你到洁白。

He kneads you until you are pliant;
她揉捻你直至柔软;

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.
然后她送你入她神圣的火焰,以使你成为造化圣筵的圣饼。

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.
爱将施所有这些于你,你方能了解心的秘密,并在那领悟中成为生命之心的一片。

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
但如若疑惧中你所求仅为爱的平静与逸乐,

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
还不如遮掩你的赤裸,逃出爱的打谷场,

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
遁入无季候的国度,那里你将大笑,却笑不出你所有的欢笑,也将哭泣,也流不完你一切的眼泪。

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
除了她自身,爱既不施与,也无索求。

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
爱既不占有,也不会被占有。

For love is sufficient unto love.
因爱在爱中自足。

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, I am in the heart of God."
当你爱,不要说,"造化在我的心里",只说,"我在造化心中。"

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.
别以为你能指导爱的航程,因若爱发觉你能够,她将导引你。

Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.
除了成就爱,爱并无其他渴求。

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
但若你爱,且须有愿望,让这些为你的愿望:

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
溶化并如对夜晚吟唱的奔流小溪。

To know the pain of too much tenderness.
体验漫漫柔情之痛。

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
受创于你对爱的领悟;

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
流血也心甘情愿喜乐欢愉。

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
醒于黎明,心如有翼且感激新的爱的一日;

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
休憩于日中,静思爱的狂喜;

To return home at eventide with gratitude;
夜潮来临带着感恩而返;

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
之后入睡,心中蕴着为所爱的祈祷,唇间挂着赞美之歌。
作者: mu    时间: 2006-1-28 20:48
好!鼓掌!
作者: mu    时间: 2006-1-30 10:13
这个译文是我看过的,最好的一篇了,甚至很多地方比冰心那篇都好,如:

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.
即便她的声音或会震碎你的梦幻,如北风吹荒庭园。

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.
因一如爱为你戴上桂冠,她也必钉你于十字架。

For love is sufficient unto love.
因爱在爱中自足。


To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
醒于黎明,心如有翼且感激新的爱的一日;

很好的体现了原文的简明性,一点累赘都没有,而且不那么拗口,读者也可以简单读懂。
最主要的是,译文很富韵律!无论从措辞还是语句的关联来说,都真的很棒!!
如果舞者出版了,不要忘了告诉我一下:)
作者: 舞者    时间: 2006-1-30 11:49
引“很好的体现了原文的简明性,一点累赘都没有,而且不那么拗口,读者也可以简单读懂。
最主要的是,译文很富韵律!无论从措辞还是语句的关联来说,都真的很棒!!
如果舞者出版了,不要忘了告诉我一下:) ”

谢你百忙之中还抽空看,那赞美(不管小我是否当之有愧)是今年听到的最美妙的天籁音乐。

是个小玩票性质的,被你再鼓励鼓励,胆大皮厚,说不定也豁将出去抛头露面一下。 还有一篇上次做好的苦痛(ch16),兼评,那天搬上来给你们指正下。




欢迎光临 芦笛外国文学论坛 (http://www.reeds.com.cn/) Powered by Discuz! X3